XP formatting help needed.URGENTLY

nooney 19:29 02 Mar 04

I have tried to clear the Blaster virus using all manner of virus scanner software and have found 7 different virus.These I have deleted but still the RPC terminates(Blaster?) I have searched every nook and cranny for it but I cannot find it.
I have decided to re-formated using my restore disks.
However I have a problem in that I have previously installed VCOM utility suite with the Ghost suite included.
Now when I try to use my restore disks all I get is the Ghost info and cannot get past it.
I am trying to avoid a complete reformat as I do not have the XP disk set.
Anybody know a way in which I can use my restore disks?
I have searched and removed all trace of the VCOM suite but Ghost still lingers somewhere.

anon1 19:39 02 Mar 04

looks like you jumped in with both feet. You should have tested the water first. Obviously you did not use antivirus software "or out of date". Do you still have the system running or have you actually deleted it (format)? The probable cause of the virus reappearing is system restore. So if system restore is still available then use that to get working then switch of system restore and run an up to date antivirus to get clean.

anon1 19:40 02 Mar 04

look click here
if you can get working again

nooney 20:12 02 Mar 04

The machine is not mine as I still run the old and stable ME.
The security updates were not loaded but the virus scanners do not pick up this worm.
Am using Stinger and VCOMs own.
Will try the advice given to see if machine stays on ,long enough to download security patches.

nooney 19:55 03 Mar 04

Thanks for coming to my assistance.
In the end I had to bite the bullet and purchase XP and complete a clean re-install.
Within minutes of booting up and connecting to Microsoft for the security up-dates I was "wormed".
I chose to upload the updates rather than up-date my virus ware(never again) it was a bit like the chicken and the egg scenario.
However all seems OK at last.

lilliebet 01:24 04 Mar 04

click here will get rid of Blaster.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…