xp - formatting

Sparky3327 08:25 07 Aug 04

I'm trying to format a drive that has xp installed on it but find it impossible to do.
I've installed xp on another drive in the hope I could format the first drive, but now I've got xp on 2 drives.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Grezza.

Forum Editor 08:37 07 Aug 04

at this
click here

stefan-194811 10:28 07 Aug 04

this is a step by step instructions on how to format and re-install windows xp.includes pictures.click here

keith-236785 10:47 07 Aug 04

click here, download a windows98se startup disk

once downloaded, double click to start the "install to floppy". (you will need ONE blank floppy disk).

when you have the disk, leave it in the drive and restart your computer.

if A: Floppy 3½" is set as first boot in bios then your pc should read the floppy and give you a menu. at the menu, choose option 2.

if your pc boots into windows, you will need to reboot, enter the bios and change the boot order to floppy first. then reboot again.

when you finally get to the prompt A:> type

format c:

press return and accept the warning, ocne done, do the same with drive d

format d:

once completed, remove floppy disk and reboot

the error message should say "missing operating system". then you have to decide what you want to do.

if you want to re-install XP then set boot order to cdrom first in bios, put XP disc in the drive and restart pc.

if you want to install windows98, put the floppy back in and reboot computer. choose option 1.

once you get to the prompt A:> type

e: (where e: is the letter of your cdrom) press return

prompt will change to E:> type

setup and press return

follow onscreen instructions. once installation has started, cancell the option of making a windows startup disk, then remove the floppy disc.

continue with installation

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…