xp firewall vs aol

can anybody tell me how to disable xp firewall when my isp is aol,i want to use another firewall(norton)but because of aol it wont let me gain access to my firewall settings,when i click on my internet connection the option disapears and wont let me in ,any help would be appreciated as i dont trust xps

AubreyS 19:29 28 Dec 03

Right click your internet connection, properties, advanced then take the tick out of Protect My Computer.

have tried right clicking /properties,nothing happens,tried clicking on change settings and nothing happens

Djohn 20:14 28 Dec 03

broughy, if you go to Start/connect to/show all connections, this will take you to your internet connections panel. You should now see two Icons, one for the AOL setup that you cannot gain access to and another one, [I think it's "Lan" connections, or similar].

That is the one that you need to right click on and choose properties. from there you will be able to enable or disable the firewall. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…