XP firewall and CA e trust antivirus

I have XP SP2, Sygate personal firewall and e trust antivirus and I have found that the sheduled update of e trust is not successful when the XP firewall is turned on. XP firewall is configured to allow e trust under the Exceptions tab but it appears still to interfere.
Maybe I should leave XP firewall off and just rely on Sygate. Is that a good thing to do?

VoG II 15:12 15 Jan 05

Yes, turn the Windows firewall off.

woodchip 15:49 15 Jan 05

You should only run one Firewall, eTrust also as it's own Firewall. You should decide which Firewall you want to run and turn all the others off

I didn't know that e trust included a firewall and a quick look at the software failed to show me where it is. Its good to have the peace of mind to know that I can turn off the windows firewall in spite if the warnings given by XP.

Dennis1 16:13 15 Jan 05

Before you do anything check that your e-trust antivirus does include a firewall, the one I used did not have any firewall included.
I don't like to think that you might leave yourself open to attack.
Dennis

OK. Many thanks to Woodchip & Vog, I reckon the problem is sorted. I will look further into the CA situation & I definitely will not knowingly be without a firewall.

woodchip 21:51 15 Jan 05

Thank's I am coverd, As I use Avast and ZoneAlarm. I only had eTrust for three months with new Computer then used Panda Platinum Free for six months That had it's own Firewall, Now on the Free stuff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…