xp firewall

john00 17:43 27 May 04

is the xp firewall any good as i take security quite seriously, would another firewall cause a conflict

Djohn 17:45 27 May 04

XP firewall is basic and monitors in one direction only [Incoming] but quite good all the same.

Only one firewall required whichever you choose and running two at the same time will lead to conflicts.

Fruit Bat 18:02 27 May 04

click here zone alarm your choice free or pro

spuds 18:38 27 May 04

Here's some firewall information and downloads click here

Totally-braindead 18:42 27 May 04

I used to use the XP firewall but after a lot of discussion on a thread on this site the consensus of opinion was, its ok but others are better, I now use Sygate Personal Firewall, it free from this site click here its the bottom one, free for personal use.

johnnyrocker 18:46 27 May 04

likewise sygate although as said there are others.

Djohn 18:47 27 May 04

Yes, the same will apply to antivirus applications. The one you are using at the moment is fine. You could also download and run Spybot S&D 1.3 and adaware to check for any nasties that may get through.

click here
click here Both are free and can be used at the same time as a firewall and antivirus.

Regards. j.

GaT7 18:51 27 May 04

To read a review about WinXP's firewall: click here.

You may be interested in these Firewall Group tests/reviews:

Free: click here.

Paid for - some are FREE (& you can try before you buy with most): click here, click here= & click here.

As Djohn advises it is strongly recommended to run only one firewall program at any given time. HTH, G

GaT7 19:00 27 May 04

PS - to add to Djohn's post about Adaware & Spybot also get SpywareBlaster click here, that keeps most nasties out in the first place as you surf. Remember to enable protection after installing. With all the programs discussed so far, you'll want to run scans & check for UPDATES on a regular basis. Good luck, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…