Xp file and transfer wizard-not transferring info

charro 22:49 05 Jul 04

Hi i don, know if anuone can help with the following problem; On running the file and transfer wizard at the end the massage on the old computer looks as is everything is fine-"you have succesfully collected files and settings" However on the new computer i get the message CANNOT COMPLETE THE TRANSFER AN ERROR OCCURED WHILE THE WIZARD WAS LOADING YOUR DATA ....The Wizard cannot create the data needed to save your settings . Make sure you have enough disk space avaiable. Old computer is Win 98 -new one XP I have disabled the AVG anti virus The computer are recognizing each other as the progress window is at the same % and time elapsed Have installed available updates and service packs from Microsoft Any ideas please

hugh-265156 23:17 05 Jul 04

sorry im not sure but click here may help you a bit.

charro 15:31 19 Jul 04

Many thanks for taking time to reply, sorry it took a while to post thanks we've been on our hols. Thhe link seemed a bit complicated for me.In the end i've mamaged to transfer everything i needed by putting it on to a 128mb external hard drive and physically moving it .
Again many thanks
charro

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…