XP FAILS TO INITIALISE ON 1ST LOAD

greenkeen 11:50 14 May 03

While attempting to put xp pro onto my computer after 1st reboot message reads-
unexpected error(708) occured in d;\xpclient\base\boot\setup\setup.c
Press any key to continue
After pressing any key xp starts to load then says
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
PROCCESS1_INITIALISATION FAILED
Does anyone have any ideas.I solved all problems listed by the compatability scan. I wondered if my Promise TX2 100 PCI ATA controller card may be causing the problem.
It has my extra cd-rw drive connected to it.
All help received with eternal grattitude.

AndySD 12:09 14 May 03

Start the computer. The computer begins processing a set of instructions known as the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS). What is displayed depends on the BIOS manufacturer. Some computers display a progress bar that refers to the word BIOS, while others may not display any indication that this process is happening.

As soon as the BIOS has finished loading, begin tapping the F8 key on your keyboard. Continue to do so until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears.

NOTE: If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers will generate a "keyboard error" message. Please restart and try again.

Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, scroll to and select create boot log.

Then Start Normally...after the boot fails follow the advice above and choose Safe Mode Have a look at th bootlog.txt file on the C drive the final entries are nomally the fail. If so try going into Services and disable whatever is causing the problem...and/or any services you dont need. click here

rickf 15:38 14 May 03

Alternatively, you can always reinsatll.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5