xp on external hard drve

ninky4 14:39 26 Mar 07

Please can anyone tell me if I can put windows xp on an external hard drive thanks

Technotiger 14:50 26 Mar 07

Hi, If you mean in order to use it as a 'stand-alone' windows I think the answer is - no!

Technotiger 14:51 26 Mar 07

PS - you can of course (and should) back it up to an external hard-drive. For which, I would recommend Acronis True Image.

VoG II 14:56 26 Mar 07

It is possible, apparently click here

Technotiger 15:06 26 Mar 07

Hi Friend, very interesting link, but for me personally, I think the answer to above question would still be No! 'Cos I'm a coward :-))

ninky4 16:03 26 Mar 07

Thank you all who replied apparently it is not an easy thing to do so will just use the hard drive for storage, what would we do without you nice kind people who are always ready to answer problems for us cheers Ninky

Technotiger 16:05 26 Mar 07

Grreat, thanks for the feedback - you have taken the same route I would have!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:00 26 Mar 07

I pare it right down and got it to work off a 2G stick with a little help from click here

Very useful for cracking the works laptop :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…