Xp Error message after Adaware Install and scan

Alf58 22:05 15 May 04

I have just installed Adaware 6 and allowed it scan my system and delete suspect files etc. Now at the end of the boot up sequence I get the following error message:

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\ Downloaded Program Files\bridge.dll
The specified module could not be found

I close the message and everything seems to run just fine so its not a major problem, its just annoying! Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of this irritating message? I am running Windows Xp Home edition on a Medion Pc 2.6GHz Pentium and 120 Gb Hard drive.

VoG II 22:11 15 May 04

Start, Run, type in

msconfig

and click OK. On the Startup tab, untick anything to do with bridge, OK your way out and restart.

Bridge is a particularly nasty piece of spyware so the above may not work.

Alf58 22:17 15 May 04

Thanks for the response VoG I'll try your idea and report back.

Alf58 22:43 15 May 04

I followed your advice and got the following message;

System Configuration Utility is currently in Diagnostic or Selective Startup mode, causing this message to be displayed and the utility to run every time Windows starts.

It advises me to choose Normal Startup mode on the General tab to start Windows normally and undo the changes I have made Using System Configuration Utility.

There is a tick box : Dont show this message or launch System Configuration Utility when Windows starts.

I have ticked this box and now the boot up is message free. I just feel a bit uneasy that I may have done something that could backfire on me at a later date. What are your thoughts?

ensonricky 00:18 16 May 04

If uneasy you could restore your files prior to the adaware scan. Launch adaware open quarantine list and restore. You can use the contan function first to note the constituent files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…