XP and Epson printer

Upgraded to XP Pro. This installs a driver for Epson Stylus Color 600 but you don't get full functionality. Epson site doesn't have XP driver for this printer.

Any ideas please?

thms 14:26 26 May 03

If no xp drivers are available they usually recommend using windows 2000 drivers.

But I see that there are none of those either.
You could try using the Nt4 driver. Don't know if this would work though?

Sorry couldn't be of any more help.

spargo 17:31 26 May 03

I have the same, there is no XP driver for the 600, but it works fine for me with the inbuilt XP driver. The only thing missing is the 'ink levels' The 'Head cleaning etc. are all available under 'Printers/Properties. I just print until ink runs out then change the cartridge.

Thanks for the comments so far. I don't need the ink levels - the problem is that I can't get the top quality prinouts I did before upgrading to XP.

I've tried the settings under printers/ properties, but the best quality is not as good as before.

What am I doing wrong?

Jomi 18:59 26 May 03

I'm using the c62 in xp pro and use the win2000 drivers, there's also a seperate download for printer status.
I d/loaded both from the epson site click here

Epson only do a driver for up to NT 4.0 on the Stylus Color 600. I've tried this and it doesn't install.

microswift 20:45 26 May 03

Someone posted this site on the forum a few days ago. There may be something here. click here

Thanks Microswift,

The driver site looked very promising. But my Stylus Color 600 isn't listed. Would one of the generic Epson drivers be any better than the one that XP installs?

Despicable Desperado 21:32 26 May 03

As you have found Epson have not written XP drivers for the 600. You are therefore stuck with the in built XP driver and there ain't nothing more you can do - except revert to a previous o/s of course!

microswift 22:55 26 May 03

There is a file on the xp driver site-EPS600.inf which was posted by "Geoff" who writes "this is the driver that I originally received with my epson stylus color 600 on a win95 os. I installed it on my new computer which has win xp". Seems to be suggesting that the win95 driver works on xp.

Thanks Microswift

I use an Epson 640 Windows 2000 driver from the site you recommended. It works a treat - print quality is better than ever.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…