xp and epson bad photo printing?any ideas.

frankie 22:42 01 Jan 04

have xp pro.and epson stylus photo 830.latest printer driver downloaded.photos come out with greyish pink tinge,any ideas why?cant stop it in settings..have done best photo and custom still the same..cleaned heads and nozzle check dodgy printer?all advise greatly received,happy new year one n all..great site..

woodchip 22:54 01 Jan 04

In the printer properties when you choose print, choose custom and you have sliders for altering the colour you need to spend some time creating a colour profile map and save it in the printer program. print a small test pic after each adjustment until you get it the way you like it

minter 00:35 02 Jan 04

What paper are you using?

anchor 09:45 02 Jan 04

What photo programme are you printing from?. I seem to recall reading recently that someone found that prints from Paint shop pro had a very slight magenta tinge. This was cured when printed from another programme.

As woodchip says, you can also make adjustments to individual colours using the sliders in "custom". I take it that the ink status monitor shows sufficient colour ink.

Sheila-214876 10:25 02 Jan 04

anchor you are right previous thread was click here

oldal 10:44 02 Jan 04

I use Epson Photoquicker 3.4 which came packaged with my 830 printer. Results are excellent. Email me if you cannot get hold of a copy.

Diemmess 13:19 02 Jan 04

Because this will show at once whether the printer can do what it should, regardless of the camera or your software.

frankie 14:35 02 Jan 04

Try Windows test page....where do i go to for this test cheers

frankie 14:37 02 Jan 04

using choice inks....could it be dodgy batch...

Diemmess 15:23 02 Jan 04

Find your printer in Control Panel then right click on the printer. ......... Choose properties and left click.
This should bring up a window in "General".............. Click on the Print Test Page button.

You won't have much colour to look at, but the windows logo should have clear bright primary colour, and the rest is mono. If the colours are muddy or banded then the answer lies in your printer, if not then it is back to this forum!!

BillyBee 16:10 02 Jan 04

poor quality photo paper will give this outcome, use the Epson premium glossy photo paper or equivalent that came with printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…