XP Drivers Needed

s99Raj 21:21 29 Sep 07

I have an HP Pavilion s7000 PC with a YNRC-BR motherboard.

It came with Vista Basic but I don't like it, and so bought an XP Home CD and loaded that onto it.

Everything works fine, activation etc. except that I need video and sound graphics for it. The HP website only keeps Vista drivers for it.

Anyone know where I can find the XP drivers for it, assuming they exist!

Marko797 21:25 29 Sep 07

Surprised this has been successful (Vista back to XP) given some of what I've read about it. On drivers, go to the manufacturers site (ATI.com etc) for Vid & Graphs. Drivers should be available there.

s99Raj 21:27 29 Sep 07

Thanks for that - yes, I was a pleasantly surprised that it all went smoothly, Vista to XP.

How do I know it needs ati drivers? What exactly do I look for? What about the sound?

Marko797 21:45 29 Sep 07

Sorry, ATI was just an example. I have an ATI graphs card, so I go to ATI.com.

U need to find out what u have on ur lappy. Which graphics card, and which sound card. Then go to the relevant web site & u should be able to download the correct, and current XP drivers.

I suppose there are several ways of doing this, but I use Belarc (Belarc.com - a sml download) which tells u what u have on ur lappy. This should help identify what u have, then go get the drivers. Hope this helps.

s99Raj 21:51 29 Sep 07

Thanks for that. I'll try Belarc.
It's not a laptop, by the way; it's a small desktop.

Marko797 22:01 29 Sep 07

Sorry. Yep, Belarc works fine with any machine. Let us know how u get on.

s99Raj 22:08 29 Sep 07

Tried, Belarc, but under the Video and Multimedia sections, it simply said "None Detected".

I tried the ATI Catalyst in case it worked, but it came up with "Driver Not Found".

Sea Urchin 22:18 29 Sep 07

I suggest you try

click here

and run a free scan. It should tell you which drivers you need, but to download them from there you would have to pay a lifetime subscription. However you can note the drivers required and then go to the appropriate website as described above by Marko797

s99Raj 22:31 29 Sep 07

OK, I'll give it a go, but I first need security software on it and then get it connected to the Net.
What a pain. Wish there was an easier way.

Sea Urchin 22:47 29 Sep 07

Yes, it is a bit of an ordeal setting everything up, but hope it will be worthwhile in the end. Good luck.

C3 23:19 29 Sep 07

if this doesn't bring up the info you wanted, then open up the side of the case and write down any information that you can find written on the motherboard and, if there is are separate sound and graphics cards, get as much info off them then do Google searches for model and manufacturer information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced