Agfa website (versions 2 and 1.405) but these
don't install a driver for the scanner. I've
found quite a bit on the web about getting the
1212p (parallel port) running under XP but
very little about getting the USB version to
work. Anybody got any advice or solved this
problem?

pj123 13:55 17 May 03

Don't know about scanners but I have found that if there are no printer drivers available for XP on anyones website it is best to use Win2000 drivers. It may be that W2K scanner drivers will work with XP

-pops- 15:09 17 May 03

This any help? click here

Brian

Alan2 15:47 17 May 03

Looking into my downloads folder I see that my version of ScanWise.exe is 2.1.13.0 created 01.11.2001 00:00 with size 11.1MB.

It's a good while since I unpackaged it (ie ran it) but everything runs ok.

Agfa have discontinued their interest in scanners so support is non-existent.

I have now moved away from the 1212u to the far superior Canon 5000F but the Agfa connected as a spare.

Alan.

domhay 19:49 19 May 03

Alan2,
Are you running XP? I've installed exactly the
same version of Scanwise.exe but with no
success.

domhay

A Cat Called George 19:56 19 May 03

I wanted drivers for my Agfa Snapscan 1212p to run under Windows XP. The Agfa website made it very clear that no driver has been, or ever will be, made available. The only way I have been able to make it work is by installing Windows ME on my second hard drive and installing the scanner there. This does have the extra benefit though of allowing me to run my older games which also will not be persuaded to run under Windows XP.

Stuartli 20:01 19 May 03

Agfa's home page lists Beta drivers for 2000/XP availability - this is download page:

click here

I have the 1212u but use Win98SE with ScanWise 2.0

Alan2 20:40 20 May 03

Sorry for delay.

Yes I have XP Home and was assured by Agfa that ScanWise 2.0 (2.1.13.0) would run under XP - and it does for me.

Have you deleted ALL remnants of any previous version of ScanWise? I believe it's good practice to try to get as clean an install as possible - from painful experience.

Alan.

alan_blue 22:33 20 May 03

I spoke to someone at agfa about this problem and he assured me that the 1212u definately works with xp. he told me to completely remove scanwise from my computer and do a clean install.I have not tried myself so i can't confirm this.

ExPara 22:43 20 May 03

Can I jump in on this thred? I have an Agfa SnapScan Touch and I seem to be having the same problems using Windows XP. The only adition to add is:- it is asking for file "agsisti.dll". Can anyone please advise

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…