XP driver for QSI DVD-ROM SDR-81

as400man 07:54 31 Jan 03

Anyone know of a good site to get this driver?

Lú-tzé 08:05 31 Jan 03

I cannot seem to find a reference to this DVD-ROM anywhere. Does XP not install a driver when it recognises the DVD-ROM drive? Try a default driver - it may help.

jag245 08:12 31 Jan 03

its a website called driver guide

click here.

enjoy jag

as400man 08:17 31 Jan 03

Suddenly the drive stopped working - device manager shows corrupt or missing driver. When I uninstall/install it says it cannot find a better driver than what is installed. I cannot get at my set up CD (obviously) so I'm a bit stuck.

Lú-tzé 08:24 31 Jan 03

OK - try getting another dvd-rom driver and put somewhere on the hdd.

Then try removing the driver from the device manager.

Then point to the new one.

If it works then put in your CD and tell device manager to update the driver.

as400man 14:16 31 Jan 03

I cannot find a driver on the web. Anyone have a copy they can send me? My PC is a Novatech laptop.

as400man 14:19 31 Jan 03

I cannot find a driver on the web. My PC is a Novatech laptop. Does anyone have a driver on the set up CD they could send me?

Lú-tzé 18:27 31 Jan 03

Sorry, I don't have one.

Can the CD be read in another machine and the relevant driver extracted? Is the CD a "restore disk" or a WinXP disk?

as400man 18:38 31 Jan 03

I may do as you suggest but I have found a driver I think may work. But when I go into device driver update in manual mode I cannot see the new driver I have put in a temporary folder.

It just shows me a list of objects, not folder/file names. Is ther a way I can tell XP to use cdrom.sys from a specific folder.

Thanks for your interest by the way.

Lú-tzé 20:52 31 Jan 03

You say you cannot see the new driver. Is this because WinXP is looking for a specific named file?

Tell it to search for a suitable driver in a specified location then click next. Then browse to wherever you have the driver file.

If it is looking for a named file it may not find it so delete any name where it says file name and see if it recognises any there.

This is hard to explain but I hope you get the gist of it. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I have to go out again but hope all will be solved when I next log in.

woodchip 21:10 31 Jan 03

Windows will load a default CD driver you need software like PowerDVD or something like that as DVD drivers are contained in the software but get software that is compatible with your DVD just any will not do, Very similar to CDRW you have to get the software that supports your Writer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…