XP Driver for Netgear Network/Lan card ISA card.

Giggle n' Bits 23:11 03 Dec 03

I am trying to reinstall Drivers for a ISA Network/Lan card in XP. Not having much fun or sucess with some drivers I have picked up from the web.

I have noticed in the Device Manager that as well as a Yellow Exclamation Mark if looking at the properties for this device is says there is not enough resources free.

I did earlier clear the Bios and wonder if I have mucked something up.

With it being ISA am I wasting my time or is there a friendly way to get it to configure in the system.

User-312386 23:46 03 Dec 03

can you please give us some more details of the card

Giggle n' Bits 01:31 04 Dec 03

I have tried the Netgear site but they no longer support this card.

I don't know if it is the driver or a actual conflict in the IRQ's with it mentioning resources.

Erh, I would of thought XP would coverthe drivers for it in XP.

In device manager its line it NEC NE2000 Compatible ISAPNB Erthnet adapter ISA

NEC and Netgear confuses me also as the card says Netgear and in XP it comes up as NEC

Thnanks for your call madboy33©®

temp003 08:13 04 Dec 03

Problem with drivers on websites such as Drivers Guide is they purport to be for XP and turn out it doesn't support XP.

There's a driver for Windows 2000 for the Netgear model EA201c, also ISA (on other websites the 2 model numbers are used interchangeably, they're probably different but perhaps close enough). click here Windows 2000 is closer to XP than 9x or even NT, so you might try to see if it works at all.

[You may have tried it already.]

Windows detects it as NEC NE2000 compatible probably because although Netgear is the manufacturer of the card, it uses an NEC chip for the card, but the generic driver for the chip doesn't work, or this is the closest chip Windows' detection manages.

If no driver will work, get a PCI lan card. Probably a good thing, as ISA is really out of date.

Giggle n' Bits 20:36 04 Dec 03

I managed to get it installed. It wasn't the Driver after all that was the problem but it showed a yellow exclamation mark against the device.

I found out that as well as a Dedicated Audio card being poorly installed missing part of driver codecs and also the onboard audio was on and partly installed this was stoping the Netgear card from regi in the system.

i removed the audio card as the onboard audio was better (makes a refreshing change) and this sorted most thing out.

I now again have a power problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…