XP donate to charity Clean all private data

dandew 16:55 20 Jul 10

I get cptrs ( mostle xp Home and Pro ) from companies and individuals which I wipe and reinstall XP. for charity and individuals in need.
My problem is I must guarantee confidentiallity, else I will not get Cptrs. This is a very slow process, takes days on my slow BB to get all the Updates etc.
Can anyone suggest easier methods.
1 Could I make one HardDisk xp installation fully updated and then clone this for other cptrs ( using their MS Serial Numbers ) , this could leave only the driver and some other minor problems.

Any software which will guarantee to remove all info etc of previous owner, must remove all settings, favourites , company software etc.

Any ideas would help.

Thanks

Pineman100 16:59 20 Jul 10

Eraser is widely recommended on this forum and elsewhere. It will securely erase all data from the drive.

click here

ronalddonald 20:46 20 Jul 10

eraser is free, i have used , im using acronis which isn't free

dandew 22:09 20 Jul 10

Thanks for reply

Maybe I was not clear. I want to erase all references etc of previous owner. Plan is to keep the windows and other software ( like wordpro and browsers ) and update system.
All data of previous owner must be gone ( not to be retrieved ).
Eraser is good, I have used it succesfully, problem is I can not know everywhere users data may reside.
As i said i have been wiping disks and reinstalling windows but this is very labourious and slow on my BB.
I am looking for a way of finding all user data , settings, favourites, histories and anything else relating to previous owner, so I can erase it.

Thank you

DieSse 10:30 21 Jul 10

We have a group in Spain which does the same thing. We just bite the bullet and use Killdisk to wipe drives clean, before installing whatever is needed. (We use English and Spanish XP mainly, plus various Linux flavours, depending on the end-destination.

There is no substitute for a total "wipe-clean". Otherwise you risk hidden and/or recoverable data.

robin_x 10:36 21 Jul 10

Factory reinstall?

Or just clone XP Gold Discs (Home and Pro) and boot from that.

Format and install. Licence number on the PC label.

dandew 11:38 21 Jul 10

Thanks

I can understand DieSse in Spain, I have been doing this but very slow and painful.

robinofloxley : Gold Disks, not sure what these are, doing check on WEB for info but sounds good.

Also checking a product Autopatcher, this allows one download of all updates for xp , these can later be installed to another cptr without further downloads, I think, I have only bebug to investigate.
Anyone used this system or others please comment.
Thank you all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…