XP doesn't see 4.7gb on DVD-R/RW etc.

NICTRY 22:59 09 Sep 05

I have searched around on this one and cannot find a proper answer. I have a DVD RW drive on XP which shows as DVD-RW in explorer etc. however I cannot see the 4.7gb unless I use NERO 6, I then cannot delete files etc. from RW discs. Am I right in thikning you cannot use explorer to copy files back and forth to DVDs and you have to use NERO or similar to do this?

If not can someone tell me how I can get XP to work with DVD-r/rw etc. as this is the same situation on 2 PCs I have?

Thanks in advance for all your advice?

Xp does not see the capacity of a DVDR or RW.

You need to use a program like Nero.

No you cannot delete files off the dis, you have to format it.

mattyc_92 09:31 10 Sep 05

"Am I right in thikning you cannot use explorer to copy files back and forth to DVDs and you have to use NERO or similar to do this?"

You can actually "drag-and-drop" files onto a DVD-RW, but you will need to use something like "Nero InCD" to format the disk. Once you have done this, the DVD-RW will act a one large floppy disk (InCD may be required to be installed on the "destination" computers to read the disk correctly)

NICTRY 10:03 10 Sep 05

Thanks Guys for the replies thought as much, bit of a pain though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…