XP doesn't recognise Scanner & USB card

chub_tor 19:14 29 Feb 04

I have just upgraded from Me to XP, an upgrade not a clean install.
My scanner is a CanoScan 1250U2F which was packaged with an Adaptec AUA-2000LP USB 2.0 PCI card.
All was well under Me but XP does not see these items as new under boot conditions nor can it find them under Add New Hardware.
I have uninstalled both the Adaptec and the Canon drivers with Add/Remove programs plus associated operating software.
However sitting in Windows\System I stil have some Twain and twunk files.
Does anyone know how to get XP to install this hardware?
Thanks

jimv7 19:30 29 Feb 04

XP has to have sp1 installed before it recognises usb2.

bribar 12:48 01 Mar 04

You do not say if your motherboard has any USB ports, if it has they should show up in the properties box. If not you will have to go into the Bios and enable them. The scanner should be backward compatible to USB 1.0 slower but it will work.

chub_tor 15:11 01 Mar 04

jimv7/bribar
Thanks for the advice....

SP1 came on the XP install disc, although I do have lots of other updates to install via a dial up Modem!!!

XP recognises the Adaptec card as an NEC Enhanced USB so I think it is working OK afterall but I don't know how to get XP to recognise my Adaptec drivers.

The scanner is now working OK, although I'm not sure how I did it - a combination of plugging and unplugging both the USB card and the scanner and reinstalling software.

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…