XP does not show CD Drive in "Send to..." menu -

Hi all,

ANyone come accross this?

I built a system yesterday for a friend and installed an OEM LG CD/RW drive (52x32x52) The drive came bundled with Nero Express which I installed.

When I was showing the friend how to use xp (They have just upgraded from Windows 95 running on a 75Mhz computer!!!!) the send to menu will not show the CD/RW drive. The drive works like a dream - reading and writing, providing I use only Nero.

If I try to use windows own writing capabilities it just throws up an error message, also, I cannot drag and drop files onto the CD Icon as I can in my other installations. We are not talking of Rewritable disks (and the need for INCD) simply the ability to write to it.

Actually, thinking about it, I dont recall seeing the Send to Floppy option either....

Any ideas?

BurrWalnut 08:09 04 Sep 03

I don't know what's causing it but if you go to the send to folder, File, New, Shortcut and browse then select Floppy (A:) and repeat for CD (D:?)

Thanks for the input, but this would not explain why I cannot simply drop files onto the CD icon in "My Computer" and have them ready to be written to CD - it simply brings up an error. If it were just a short cut issue then this would still work?

My feelings are that somehow, LG's version of Nero may have disabled something....

Barrie_G 19:24 04 Sep 03

Also right click the cd drive, in properties check that "enable cd recording on this drive" is ticked on the recrording tab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…