XP DOES NOT RECOGNISE PRINTER.EXE

emcyes 16:06 04 Oct 07

My windows pc xp home sp2, does not recognises printer.exe during boot up and i keep on getting the message every time i boot in. But I have checked the start up and printer.exe is not seen anywhere in start up files(msconfig). Any one kindly help me resolve this. Thanks....

Marko797 17:16 04 Oct 07

Have u checked under 'general' tab (via msconfig) that 'Normal start-up' radio button is marked (loads all drivers), instead of something like 'selective start-up'. As a point, I don't have printer.exe anywhere in my start up & the printer works fine.

birdface 18:02 04 Oct 07

It could be a Trojan,click here=

emcyes 18:49 04 Oct 07

Marko797,
I meant that my pc gives a message during booting in that printer.exe could not be recognised by windows. But the Printer.exe file exists in my Windows/system32 folder. Please help me

emcyes 09:06 05 Oct 07

Actually i removed the trojan with avg and after this process i am experiencing this problem. But i can see a file in windows/system32/printer.exe. Problem not yet solved....

birdface 09:08 05 Oct 07

Have you ran any Anti-Virus and Spyware scans yet.And have they found anything.

birdface 09:33 05 Oct 07

As A last resort download Hijack this from this forum and post the results to same Forum.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…