XP does not detect TV Tuner card

steved99 12:44 22 Apr 06

I have a TV tuner card originally installed under Windows ME. I've now upgraded to Windows XP but the TV card has not been detected (it is compatible with XP). When I tried to install the drivers I got the message to install the hardware first. I've removed the card and replaced it again but it is still not being detected. Any advice much appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 13:22 22 Apr 06

Have you tried it in a different PCI slot?

jimv7 13:22 22 Apr 06

Try another slot.

jimv7 13:23 22 Apr 06

Diodorus Siculus

snap lol

Diodorus Siculus 13:23 22 Apr 06

;-)

Marsh Warden © ™ 13:56 22 Apr 06

Are you trying to install the ME drivers, or do you have XP drivers. What make of card is it? if it's hauppauge then go here click here and download the XP drivers and software for your card. Also look for a file named HWClear on the site and download and run it, it will remove all traces of previous installations for a complete frash install.

steved99 14:48 22 Apr 06

I'm trying to install the drivers with the CD supplied with the card. I bought it off e-bay and it seems to be unbranded - simply saying "TV Tuner card" on the box. In the specifications section on the box it says TV Tuner "Can Tuner" and Chipsets "Philips SAA7130".

Is it still valid to download and run HWClear from the Hauppauge site if its not one of their tuners?

Marsh Warden © ™ 15:28 22 Apr 06

No the HWClear file is for Hauppauge devices only.

"I bought it off e-bay" oh dear, it may be a duff card.

I would try uninstalling all/any installed software, close down the PC and removing the card, reboot the PC and run a registry cleaner click here close down and re-install the card to a PCI slot, and reboot.

The card should be detected. Install the drivers/software from the CD.

Mikè 19:09 22 Apr 06

The DScaler program click here will get most TV cards up and running, no need for seperate drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…