XP Disk Management

woodchip 11:41 10 Jan 05

After running a restore CD, I have lost D:\ drive it is showing as Free space in Disc Management. How can I get this Partition back without losing the INFO.

PS I do not want to use a Partitioning software unless I am forced to.

mattyc_92 12:00 10 Jan 05

The only way to get the partition back is by formating the "unallicated" space!! (you will lose ALL the info that was on it)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:14 10 Jan 05

File recovery :-
R_Studio click here
Easyrecovery click here

woodchip 15:37 10 Jan 05

JIM 16:10 10 Jan 05

Does anything extra show up in the BOOT.INI via msconfig? And If you click on,Check on all bootpaths tabs does it just give standard reply.

questions poss daft.

woodchip 16:59 10 Jan 05

Jim all looks OK in Boot INI I can see C:\ and E:\ that is now D:\ as D:\ That was, is now showing as free space in Disk Management. I have no idea why it removed Original D:\ I downloaded a free demo and can all folders and files on the free space

woodchip 17:02 10 Jan 05

This partition contains drivers and backup OEM software for the system. And my own files. I have all the main Files on CD but would like to get my own files back that's why I do not want to mess up the Partition or what is left of it

JIM 17:14 10 Jan 05

be back with you i was looking at a link for

What to do when you install two copies of Windows XP by accident on your computer.

click here

Now i know that's not the case but was wondering if you could apply the principle of to it.

Dont laugh :) i try to think of adapting some times.Iam still looking.

woodchip 17:24 10 Jan 05

No all is OK on C:\ full system install OK. It's just made my D:\ drive as I cannot see it in windows the Restore Partition is still there I have also rerun Restore CD and it put it back but no D:\ with my OEM drivers and Software. I do have these on CDR but there are some downloads etc that I would like to get back. As I am only Dial-Up. I could recreate a NTFS partition and load what I have but that will lose me my other info

spikeychris 17:32 10 Jan 05

Hello woody, you say you can see the files, have you tried XXcopy?

woodchip 17:47 10 Jan 05

I can see the files with the free download that works in FreeDOS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…