Xp Critical Stop wav noise on startup

zemdarin 14:02 04 Aug 04

Recently I had to turn my computer off at the main as it froze and I couldn't access Task Manager, since then when I boot up, right at the last moment I get the Windows XP Critical Stop wav sound play. Is there a reason and can I stop this from Happening please?

inneedofhelp 14:13 04 Aug 04

go into control panel, click on sounds and scoll don until u see the one thats says 'windows startup' or maybe even just 'startup'. then chnage it to whatever you want by clicking on browse

zemdarin 15:33 04 Aug 04

Thanks Inneedofhelp, it wasn't so much as the Critical Stop Playing, as to why it was playing. The windows XP log-on tune played, then after all the icons had entered the Taskbar, the Critical Stop played as well. After your advice I found "Sounds and Audio" in my Control Panel opened it then Sound, found Critical Stop and changed it to none, at least it has stopped playing when I log on now Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…