//some 3rd party need geo

XP crashes soon after booting.

Fleet 14:35 13 Oct 03

I run XP home and find that it crashes within a few minutes of booting from cold.
Resetting sometimes results in a clean re-boot, but usually it goes through the disc checking proceedure which may or may not show any errors.
Amongst the errors reported are: "---first allocation unit not valid-enty will be truncated"
"----modem is cross linked----" and "---a dynamic link (DLL) initialisation routine failed".
It makes no difference if I am on-line or not, or which program I load. Occasionally on resetting I get a blank screen with just the BIOS info at the top. Any help will be appreciated as I fear that soon it wont boot at all.
Fleet.

davejo 14:39 13 Oct 03

Do you have a motherboard with the RAID chip on it?
If so then this maybe your problem, as I had the same problem, when XP came out, since then I have upgraded pc with new motherboard and everything is great, this is a known issue with XP also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…