XP-- Corrupted Harddrive?

spuds 21:11 27 Oct 03

I have a dual harddrive system, with the main drive on XP Pro and the secondary slave drive on WME.

I seem to have a number of problem with start-up, due to blue screen or a warning error messages: Checking file system on C.- The type of the file system is FAT32.- Inconsistancy on disks.- One of your disks needs to be checked for consistancy. You may cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommended that you continue...

The computer then proceeds through a system of check,then reboots.The reboot sometimes works, but on occassions it fails, and repeats the previous process before successfull reboot.

Help and advice, in a not to technical manner, would be appreciated.Should add that the dual conversion and XP Pro and main H/D addition was recently done by the local computer shop.

froggg 21:31 27 Oct 03

I have read somewhere that dual boot o/s should be installed sequentially ie oldest o/s first.

spuds 20:13 28 Oct 03

Recycling.

zanwalk 21:30 28 Oct 03

Surely your first action should be to take it back to the shop, and if the HD was a new one it will still be under warranty.

There are a number of reasons for it behaving like this, but I would strongly advise returning it to the shop first and giving them a chance to sort it before any other action.

spuds 23:36 29 Oct 03

The culprit would appear to be the original WME drive, causing confliction problems with the new XP formatted h/d.

Not being a computer techie, I think the local computer shop is trying to mis-lead me.Long story,won't go into it.Will trying to seek satisfaction elsewhere.

Thanks froggg/rayburn. Will tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…