XP control panel won't uninstall -any other way?

Trikie 16:06 21 Oct 04

I want to uninstall an old PC Advisor cover CD program (GSP 100,000 Clipart Volume 2) but the Control Panel uninstall command won't. The Wizard comes , then the check question which is followed instantaneously by a "maintenance completed" message.

I have tried several times, ensuring that I have selected "delete" and not "change".

Is there any other way to remove everything connected to this program?

rawprawn 16:38 21 Oct 04

I don't know what is happening, I have just responded to this question and so did someone else but it has disappeared. Here goes again. TTry reinstalling and then uninstall, also if it has it's own uninstall program use that. If that doesn't work try to uninstall it in safe mode (Tap F8 when booting, it will look strange but don't worry) then uninstall using Control Panel Add or Remove.

VoG II 16:40 21 Oct 04

click here

This always leads to confusion.

rawprawn 17:31 21 Oct 04

It matters not, I seem to get confused easily nowadays, but thank you.

Trikie 22:04 21 Oct 04

Thanks

No joy reinstalling and it doesn't have its own uninstall.

In safe mode I got a message that the uninstall shield could not be accessed in safe mode.

Reckon I'll just leave it on disk and ignore it - I was trying to create more space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…