XP continuous re-booting

wotbus@ 16:37 18 Oct 04

when Error Check is selected. I have searched the forum data base but my problem doesnt appear to have been covered before although coninuouse re-booting has. My PC goes into continuous re-booting after I have selected a complete error check [recover bad sectors etc]. It gets as far as the blue screen "a file check has been scheduled" etc, then immediately reboots. It has done this in the past but not for a long time, but now here we are again. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

wotbus@ 10:13 19 Oct 04

It seems to have sorted itself! The problem was this: If I selected both the options under Error Checking, XP would go into continuous re-boot after showing the blue "error check has been scheduled" etc page. I then tried selecting option [2] Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors - the progress bar travelled left to right a couple of times then I received an error message to say Windows was unable to complete the task!. I then tried option [1] Automatically fix file system errors and this went as normal. I then tried selecting both the options and everything went as it should have ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…