XP colour quality keep going back to 16 colours

rosster 11:31 11 Jul 03

Hi, I have recently upgraded to XP, Every time I start up Pc the colour quality reverts back to 16 colours, I then change it back to 32 bit colours in the settings section of the control panel and click apply and everything works fine until next time I restart or power up and it's back to 16 colours again, How do I get it to stay on 32bit colours. I had no problems when it was on ME.

Thanks.

sil_ver 12:48 11 Jul 03

Have you installed the latest XP driver for your graphics card?

rosster 13:20 11 Jul 03

Hi Thanks, I will give it a try and let you know the outcome.

Tazfan 14:52 11 Jul 03

As an aside, there is no need to use 32 bit color. 16 Bit looks EXACTLY the same, and only uses 1/2 the resources as 32 Bit. The naked eye will not pick up on the difference between the 2 settings, and your system will obvioulsy run and refresh faster using the lower quality (!) setting.

Gaz 25 14:59 11 Jul 03

Motherboard AGP drivers and Graphics Card drivers need to be installed.

Gaz 25 15:00 11 Jul 03

BTW I do notice the difference, the computer is faster but it is dotty, icos look poor and graphics in programs are rubbish.

Gaz 25 15:03 11 Jul 03

Right...

What Motherboard have you got? (Gigabyte - click here) (Matsonic - click here)

Have you installed the 4 in 1 Via controllers? click here (I think)

And what graphics card have you got? (click here - for MSI) and there are others....

Gaz 25 15:06 11 Jul 03

Done click on the above Via website here it is: click here

Dowbload the 4 in 1 drivers.

Megatyte 15:09 11 Jul 03

"icos look poor and graphics in programs are rubbish."

Are you confusing 16 bit with 16 colour? I use Hi Color 16 bit and have no problems. Switching it up makes no noticable difference(apart from refresh rate).

AH

rosster 15:26 11 Jul 03

Hi Sorry everybody, It's not 16 bit colour it goes back to it's 8 bit colour. It works fine on both 16 and 32 bit colour once I have changed the settings but reverts back to 8 bit on restart or powerup. I am using a voodoo 3 graphics card on a brillianx series intel 440bx pentium based motherboard which is running a pentium 3 at 800mhz. I am about to try checking for updated drivers for the graphics card and see if that sorts it.

Gaz 25 15:42 11 Jul 03

Yes, thansk megabyte.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…