XP COA

gengiscant 17:00 19 Jul 10

Anyway I can find out the number from a friends HDD as I am currently installing a fresh copy of XP on a spare hard drive before copying his files over to the new drive then the whole lot back to his drive via Acronis.

beeuuem 17:16 19 Jul 10

Download and run click here

Look under Software licences for the COA

gengiscant 17:46 19 Jul 10

Its a drive that is slaved to my PC that I would like to get the number of.

Technotiger 17:52 19 Jul 10

click here the free version of this, should show you all drive details under Storage Devices in left-hand column.

gengiscant 18:37 19 Jul 10

Have that already on my system, but can only see my COA not the one I need from the other harddrive.
Mind you SIW does show two number/letters sets:one is called
Windows Product Key and the other is called Windows Default Product Key, both are 5 groups of letters and numbers. So could the second group be what i am looking for?

Technotiger 19:02 19 Jul 10

Sorry, I read your original post wrong - I thought you wanted actual Hard drive details. Silly me, your title made it clear enough!!

As far as the two numbers are concerned, I am afraid your guess is as good as mine.

DieSse 19:36 19 Jul 10

This should help

click here

However - if it was an OEM version, there should be a label stuck on your friends case, and if it was a retail version, it should be on the folder that came with it (ie your friend should still have it).

gengiscant 19:58 19 Jul 10

The PC was built for him sometime ago and in an ideal world a note would have been kept of the number.
Will have a look at your link tomorrow. Thanks.

lotvic 21:08 19 Jul 10

"Windows Product Key and the other is called Windows Default Product Key"
You could disconnect the slave HDD and then see if one of the product keys has gone when you use SIW again.

gengiscant 07:51 20 Jul 10

Good thinking

gengiscant 09:43 20 Jul 10

Have managed to activate,thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…