XP Clse down only while on the Internet

Sailo 12:42 22 Jun 04

I have tried all the suggestions given (and thank you very much for them):
I can't install any firewalls or up date my XP or McAffe Virus (which states that I am up to date) because I can't stay on line long enough.

I have tried the latest Microsoft Sasser deleter, the latest Stinger to no avail.

My scans state I am clean.
This concerns my previous post concerning the closedown of my R30 IBM Thnkpad running XP (Home) which shuts down about 3 minutes after I connect to the internet:

I cannot find skynetave.exe which is necessary to be removed in a Microsoft manual removal nor can I find the relevant registry notations about.

I can use my laptop if it is not online. It turns itself off only when I go online. I tried to change the turnoff to 9999 seconds but when I go to "shutdown - I" the screen for ok is grayed out until I select a computer. How do I tell it what computer?

I am at my wit's end. Do I have to resign my self to my laptop online.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…