XP Clients on a NT4 domain

MMC 22:11 26 Sep 03

I have been happily runing a network of 300+ 98 clients on a NT4 domain. Recently, I have had to add XP machines. The problem is, if I install software when logged in as system administrator, other users are unable to run the programs. I know it is a profile/config issue, but I haven't been able to resolve it. Since the computers are used by many different schoolkids, it's not an option to configure the machine for each user. Any ideas?

LastChip 22:48 26 Sep 03

Could you not configure a "Guest Account" for "Everyone"? Or am I totally misunderstanding the problem!

MMC 15:46 27 Sep 03

I can't do that. The kids have their own logon name, home folder on the network, etc. The network also uses a piece of software called Winsuite to give Windows 98 a secure frontend. Also, because they move around the classrooms, different software programs and hardware resources (printers, scanners and such)are available to them depending on which subject they are doing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…