XP clean install IE7 Problem

bionicle 22:12 26 Jun 07

Have just done an XP SP2 clean install and have downloaded IE7 as before. Problem is now when I connect to the internet IE7 states it cannot display the web page, however if I click on the 'home' button it connects straight to my homepage and browsing thereafter is not affected.

Does anyone heve any suggestions apart from Firefox?

umbongo(uk) 09:22 27 Jun 07

open ie7
click tools
internet options
check tht your home page is in the box

ie it says

click here ::::example
whatever your hompage is
every next session it will open ie7 on this page

umbongo(uk) 09:25 27 Jun 07

the click here reads
http://
click here.
co.uk ::::example
but in one succesive line

bionicle 17:17 27 Jun 07

Thanks umbongo(uk).

My home page is set to BBC and is listed in settings as above. When I get the cannot display the webpage message I can get straight to it by clicking on the home icon. I do not understand why it cannot connect to the homepage when I begin IE7.

postie24 17:58 27 Jun 07

Try setting up your homepage again in tools/internet options

bionicle 18:39 27 Jun 07

postie24,tried this a number of times. Have reinstalled IE7 but no change. Web browsing is fine once I click on the home icon, its just a bit of a pain it does not load automatically. When I first open IE7 the web address bar has my homepage but then it cant open it till I click on the home icon.

bionicle 18:50 27 Jun 07

Just installed Firefox and have exactly the same problem

postie24 19:02 27 Jun 07

Download this reg cleaner,it has an IE repair included in the options
click here

postie24 19:04 27 Jun 07

The IE repair is in advanced tools

bionicle 20:39 27 Jun 07

Thanks postie24. I have done as you suggested but no luck. I have noticed that the problem only occurs if I am offline and connecting via the speedtouch 330 modem (Broadband 3Mbs). If I am already online and open IE7 it loads the homepage no problem.

woodchip 20:48 27 Jun 07

Ho the Wonders of Microsoft, Try using firefox

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…