XP CD errasing files from CDR disc

enait 12:03 05 Jan 04

I save my photos to my pictures folder and later use send to cd to keep backup on cd.
However I clicked "you have files waiting to be written" to add a couple of jpg photos to my backup disc which already contained 30+. The wizard came up, everything copied ok, but the 30+ photos already on the CDR disc were no longer there. I phoned PC Service who told me to contact Nero, I tried to explain I was not using IN CD or NERO but the operator could offer me no explanation. I have been able to add some more photos to the disc, although twice it told me there was no disc in D drive, so tried new discs same would not recognise. In desperation I used device manager to unistall the driver for my cdwriter drive. Restarted and let windows find and reinstall for me. So far OK, my problem is where are the photos from the disc? and how did this happen?

Jester2K 12:10 05 Jan 04

The photos are still there.
Use isobuster click here or Restoration click here to recover them.

CDRs don't delete the information they just forget its there when information gets deleted...

It sounds like you started a new session instead of opening the old one and adding these pictures to it. Therefore the Disc contents is forgotten about and only the new contents can be seen.

Jester2K 07:24 06 Jan 04

Thankyou Isobuster was brilliant, photos restored.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…