xp cd burning

barrie_g 12:13 08 Jun 03

Hi,just a quick one I hope, how do you turn off the cd burning capabilities in xp?

The reason is I keep getting error messages in nero along the lines of "cant finalise disk" after reading of a similar prob in this months PCA I was wondering if it could be caused by a conflict between the cd burning capability of xp and nero?

jazzypop 12:52 08 Jun 03

If you have XP Pro, click here

For XP Home, you will have to edit the Registry - be careful if you are not familiar with the registry editor. click here

If you don't want to use this method, a semi-automated process that does the same thing is at click here - right-hand column opposite Tip #14

I would also recommend checking that you have the latest version of Nero.

Has this fault always appeared, just recently, or is it an intermittent error?

barrie_g 13:35 08 Jun 03

just intermittent, I have the latest version of Nero, LiteOn 48246s cdrw drive, I'm using Imation 700mb cdr's which support writing up to 48x, though most of the time I'm lucky if I can get them to record up to 4x, I have used other makes, White top, Sony, a LiteOn disk that came with the drive, and some others up to now the Sony's come out on top, I think its down to their darker colour as most of the others are very clear and I also have no problems in recording to memorex cdrw which are also quite dark.

SEASHANTY 14:08 08 Jun 03

Could be a problem with the cdr's. I have windows XP and also Nero 5.5 and Roxio 5.2 all installed. None of the foregoing are disabled and no problems. Using mainly Tevion 40x discs from Aldi-stores, occasionally TDK, Memorex and JVC.

barrie_g 14:26 08 Jun 03

I'll try giving those a go, I've tried a few other makes of disk but around where I live its hard to just get small quantities of disks I normally have to buy spindles of 25 but I have an Aldi reasonably close so I'll give them a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…