XP cannot access shared folders

kevinjmaz 01:00 AM 11 Oct 13

Thanks for looking at this. I am working with a small Peer to peer network Computer 1 (C1) acting as server – Windows XP Pro Computers 2 and 3 (C2,C3) windows xp home.

C1 had multiple users we re-assigned names and or deleted. The current user is an admin. C1 has a network share in the all users shared folder. I also created a test folder for sharing on root of C.

I can see C1 from the other computers but not the shared folders. I can access the shared folders on C2 from all PCs.

On C1 I tried using the network share and security, setting permissions for everyone as full. When I do this I can see the shares from network places but cannot access. I still cannot see the shares when trying to map a network drive.

I have enabled/disabled/enabled simple sharing without change. Share/unshared/reshare, just do not see what I am missing.

Ran the network and sharing wizard multiple times, I have been searching and not sure what I am missing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…