XP cannot access shared folders

kevinjmaz 11 Oct 13

Thanks for looking at this. I am working with a small Peer to peer network Computer 1 (C1) acting as server – Windows XP Pro Computers 2 and 3 (C2,C3) windows xp home.

C1 had multiple users we re-assigned names and or deleted. The current user is an admin. C1 has a network share in the all users shared folder. I also created a test folder for sharing on root of C.

I can see C1 from the other computers but not the shared folders. I can access the shared folders on C2 from all PCs.

On C1 I tried using the network share and security, setting permissions for everyone as full. When I do this I can see the shares from network places but cannot access. I still cannot see the shares when trying to map a network drive.

I have enabled/disabled/enabled simple sharing without change. Share/unshared/reshare, just do not see what I am missing.

Ran the network and sharing wizard multiple times, I have been searching and not sure what I am missing.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message