XP boots 5 times before loading

rotate 08:40 23 Oct 03

I am running Windows XP Professional with AMD 1.4GHz processor and 256 DDR ram. The machine started to re-boot up to 5 times before actually loading windows. I have stripped the machine of all hardware except CPU, memory and hard drive and it still has the problem. I then configured a spare hard drive to Windows ME and still had the same problem. I then changed the stick of memory for a new one and still no joy. Any suggestion at what else I can do please would be most appreciated.

Jester2K II 09:13 23 Oct 03

Have to tried repairing / reinstalling Windows?

Checked / swapped the PSU??

rotate 09:37 23 Oct 03

Thanks for your reply. I was going to do that but when it did the same with my spare hard drive with Windows ME installed it threw me off the scent. I might still give it a go though, I have tried everything else. I can't think it would be processor or motherboard (although pigs might fly)

rotate 14:38 23 Oct 03

Have just acquired a new PSU to try when I get home tonight. I am going to try this before attempting a repair on XP. Will post the result later.

rotate 17:04 23 Oct 03

Fitted a new PSU and this has resolved the problem. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…