XP Boot Looping

JPJBozo 15:40 15 Mar 04

Have had to reload XP Home twice.

1st time caused through 'Corruption in image file.CRC32 error:D54B7983,DBOBFCD3
(Windows root)\system32\hal.dll'

2nd time 'Login user interface DLL msgina.dll failed to load Contact system administrator to reload file etc.'

Bit difficult if you haven't got it and wouldn't do anything no matter how I tried to log-in i.e. Safe Mode, Last Good Configuration.

Luckily had mirror system from Multivison but still had to load all programs yuk!
Been running 2 years OK.

Running Panda Antivirus Auto Update and kept uptodate with Windows Auto Update.

Am about to change from FAT32 to NTFS to hopefully stabalise.

Anyway, anyone any ideas as to what/why happened and is it possible to keep any Restore points on disc; and more to the point is it any use if DLL files get corrupted.

anon1 16:16 15 Mar 04

2 separate issues here the first concerns your first error click here the second is a different matter and my be cured by rectifying the first if not click here may be of help although it states windows 2000 ( almost the same as xp home)

JPJBozo 17:13 15 Mar 04

Thanks for the quick response 'anon 1'. Have printed response files re: HAL etc. Checked Boot.ini 'operating system' partitions are 2 but partition is labelled C: Multivision rescue system which I assume is OK. Many thanks again hope solution works if it comes up again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…