XP Boot Disk

peterleemaxwell 18:42 26 Dec 04

I'm after info, if any one can advise, I would appreciate.
My set-up is XP pro O.S. 2Gb AMD CPU a small H.D. (4.05Gb) shared with a CD-RW on the IDE. The other IDE I have a DVD-Rom with a DVD-RW. This I want to keep for two reasons, one:- I have got use to the flexibility, two: it's all set up with no need to reposition anything. When I needed to expand storage I fitted a bigger H.D. on a raid board.
Well the small H.D. no longer can cope. All is full with the O.S. alone. On the raid I have a big H.D. I would like to boot from. I tried to 're-letter' the drive but this didn't work as the 'c' cannot be changed. I've cloned 'c' to the larger drive. I restarted with 'c' dis-connected. This was a no-go. Any advise?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 22:45 28 Dec 04

Has the effect of bringing your post to the top rather than starting a new one.

Smegs 01:47 29 Dec 04

Have you set the larger drive to master??? Jumper settings.

TomJerry 02:17 29 Dec 04

(1) xcopy32.exe /c /h /e /k C:*.* D:

(2) sys D:

I have not tried this advice because I normally use special clone software copy commander, other similar ones ghost, true image etc

By the way, are you sure you raid card support booting? You may need to select scsi HD booting in bios.

peterleemaxwell 15:26 29 Dec 04

Thanks to all that helped. It worked!
Happy New Year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…