XP behaving badly

SimpleStevie 15:18 13 Feb 03

I recently decided to do a clean install of windows xp pro to try and avoid all the hassle involved wth upgrading. It all seemed fine for a few days and then I booted up and whenever I dont see any of the desktop icons, the taskbar along the bottom is still there and the icons of running programs in the system tray. Also when I try and run a program I can see it running alon gthe taskbar but when I try and maximise it it always seems to maximise into the top right hand corner off the visible screen. I have tried resizing the screen ect but I cant run any programs in windows, any ideas?

Lozzy 15:25 13 Feb 03

This is an awkward one, It could be one of a thousand things.. My suggestion would be to carry out another clean installation and make sure all you drivers and video drivers are up to date..

One thing you could try is checking that you display is set to 32bit High and a min resolution of 800x600 also check that you video card is not using the MS drivers if it is then download the latest drivers for your video card. If that doesn't cure your issue then......

Best of luck

Aspman 15:29 13 Feb 03

I had the same thing, the machine would sit at that for about 5 minutes before continuing.

I gave up and reverted to windows 2000, I think my pc was too slow (P3 733).

You could:

Remove any programs you have installed recently.
Try to remove some of the programs that are running in the task bar (bottom right beside the clock) that might get things going for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…