XP Backup System has anybody any Experiance?

johnoo 09:59 AM 01 Jul 12

Has anybody had any experiance of using this software that is installed in XP Pro?

difarn 10:59 AM 01 Jul 12

I haven't personally used this but this article goes through it step by step with a useful video.

johnoo 11:20 AM 01 Jul 12

Thanks, but I think there is a problem, I can't get the video to play

difarn 13:50 PM 01 Jul 12

Seems to have disappeared - this is another video on the same subject from YouTube.

johnoo 14:26 PM 01 Jul 12

difarn, Thanks, I've found that tutorial, but having tried using the XP Backup system it does not work as shown in it. If you want to do a "Full Backup" "All information on this Computer" using the Wizard you get a message to say file can't be made. I have found that if you go into the Advanced mode you can create a "Full Backup" That is what I wanted to discuss/seek advise about

difarn 16:36 PM 01 Jul 12

Ok - you want to do a complete system back up and possibly create a system recovery disk. I haven't done this in XP but have with Windows 7 using an external hard drive for storage. This article about the advanced mode back up may be of use to you.

johnoo 18:02 PM 01 Jul 12

Thanks, have found out that you have to use Advanced mode to do full backup as XP Home does not support this software

onthelimit1 18:59 PM 01 Jul 12

If unsure about the Windows back-up, I've used Paragon with good results free from here

woodchip 20:33 PM 01 Jul 12

If yo want to keep it safe Get Acronis True Image or some other similar software

Terry Brown 21:18 PM 01 Jul 12

The XP backup sysstem does not do a full backup as in 'Restore from a disk' but only backs your data files (files you have created.)

I suggest a program like Paragon Free

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;ylt=AvgFmjbogTyrpOL1.In8ovM4hJp4;ylc=X1MDMjAyMzM5MjMxMgRfcgMyBGZyA3lmcC10LTcwMgRmcjIDc2EtZ3AEZ3ByaWQDBG5fZ3BzAzYEb3JpZ2luA3VrLnlhaG9vLmNvbQRwb3MDMQRwcXN0cgMEcXVlcnkDcGFyYWdvbiBmcmVlIGJhY2t1cCBzb2Z0d2FyZQRzYWMDMQRzYW8DMQ--?p=paragon%20free%20backup%20software&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-702-s

or EASEUS disk copy

http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/

There are plenty of other backup programs , just do a search for Backup free.

Terry

Terry Brown 21:21 PM 01 Jul 12

link to paragon not working try this.

www.paragon-software.com/home/db-?express

Terry

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay