XP Backup System has anybody any Experiance?

johnoo 01 Jul 12

Has anybody had any experiance of using this software that is installed in XP Pro?

difarn 01 Jul 12

I haven't personally used this but this article goes through it step by step with a useful video.

johnoo 01 Jul 12

Thanks, but I think there is a problem, I can't get the video to play

difarn 01 Jul 12

Seems to have disappeared - this is another video on the same subject from YouTube.

johnoo 01 Jul 12

difarn, Thanks, I've found that tutorial, but having tried using the XP Backup system it does not work as shown in it. If you want to do a "Full Backup" "All information on this Computer" using the Wizard you get a message to say file can't be made. I have found that if you go into the Advanced mode you can create a "Full Backup" That is what I wanted to discuss/seek advise about

difarn 01 Jul 12

Ok - you want to do a complete system back up and possibly create a system recovery disk. I haven't done this in XP but have with Windows 7 using an external hard drive for storage. This article about the advanced mode back up may be of use to you.

johnoo 01 Jul 12

Thanks, have found out that you have to use Advanced mode to do full backup as XP Home does not support this software

onthelimit1 01 Jul 12

If unsure about the Windows back-up, I've used Paragon with good results free from here

woodchip 01 Jul 12

If yo want to keep it safe Get Acronis True Image or some other similar software

Terry Brown 01 Jul 12

The XP backup sysstem does not do a full backup as in 'Restore from a disk' but only backs your data files (files you have created.)

I suggest a program like Paragon Free

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search;ylt=AvgFmjbogTyrpOL1.In8ovM4hJp4;ylc=X1MDMjAyMzM5MjMxMgRfcgMyBGZyA3lmcC10LTcwMgRmcjIDc2EtZ3AEZ3ByaWQDBG5fZ3BzAzYEb3JpZ2luA3VrLnlhaG9vLmNvbQRwb3MDMQRwcXN0cgMEcXVlcnkDcGFyYWdvbiBmcmVlIGJhY2t1cCBzb2Z0d2FyZQRzYWMDMQRzYW8DMQ--?p=paragon%20free%20backup%20software&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-702-s

or EASEUS disk copy

http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/

There are plenty of other backup programs , just do a search for Backup free.

Terry

Terry Brown 01 Jul 12

link to paragon not working try this.

www.paragon-software.com/home/db-?express

Terry

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message