XP Backup - Restoring just two files

ChrisAnnS 15:20 22 Nov 06

I made a complete backup of the hard drive of my new computer onto an external hard drive using the backup program provided with XP (having installed it from the XP disc).
New computer is now back with the builders for, hopefully, a minor correction.
I now need just two files to continue working on my old computer (only had new computer for 1 month).
The files on the external hard drive are lurking somewhere in a file called 'backup'. Is it possible to just restore the two files from this file or would the whole lot restore (remembering that this is not the computer from which it originated)?
I'm scared to click on restore just in case the whole lot is restored and it mucks up the old computer - leaving me with no computer until the new one is returned.

GroupFC 15:38 22 Nov 06

I think this may be possible have a read thro' click here

ChrisAnnS 15:41 22 Nov 06

Bless you GroupFC - thanks this looks to be exactly the information I needed. I'd already searched Microsoft and couldn't find the info. Thanks.

GroupFC 15:47 22 Nov 06

Remember - Google is your friend!

All I did was put "restoring files from windows xp back up" in and that article was I think second on the list!

ChrisAnnS 16:27 22 Nov 06

I hadn't thought of asking Google, I'd gone direct to Microsoft. (I can never work out how to ask Google for things - but I'm working on it! :) )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…