xp antivirus

fatttttty 16:51 12 Jan 04

Have changed my operating system from win 98 on which i was protecting with pccillin 2000 to win xp ,I have tried installing pccillin 2000 but it is incompatable with xp , Any ideas what antivirus/firewall will be best to use , dont fancy norton though had problems with that before.
cheers for any help,

Jester2K 16:56 12 Jan 04

AVG 6 click here Free Editon is FREE!

Sygate Personal Edition click here is also free

Both fine on XP.

jgosden 16:57 12 Jan 04

install avg for now

click here

macffe is supposed to be ok

click here

personally i perfer norton.

jgosden 16:57 12 Jan 04

not fair u beat me

Jester2K 17:00 12 Jan 04

Gaz 25 17:02 12 Jan 04

click here - Panda Antivirus Platinum Internet Security.

It is a a reliable, quick, and non-intrusive solution to all computing threats. It neutrilizes Viruses, Trojans, Hackers, Spyware, Dialers, Jokes and Hacking tools, among many other things.

Its quick virus scanner fully scans your disk for any virus or other threat with no downtime, and maximum speed.

The real-time protection is not intrusive, it is quick, reliable, and configurable. It also has script blocking. Included with suspicious file detection.

Its e-mail protection against Viruses and Spam is excellent and seemless, it warns and asks for action when a dangerous file tries to be sent with mail. For example if you e-mail a .exe attchment, it will warn, and ask what you would like to do. Both for incoming and outgoing mail. It also protects live from spam.

It is updated every day, with small, quick and transparent updates to both program and databases.

It includes content filtering.

It includes amouring protection, to stop modification and deletion of the virus scanner from nasty viruses, etc. Also prevents closure from hackers or viruses.

It checks yuor system regually for protection to important windows exploits.

It automatically checks all files are intact within the virus scanner, to ensure it always works, and no virus can damage the scanner.

It includes many more amazing features, such as the SmartClean 2, which ensures all registry entries and files created by the virus are fully removed.

Includes virus hospital, 24hr Virus SoS, 24Hr Support. Many more wonderful features including a state of the art firewall to stay one step ahead of hackers. Inclding MD5 checksum detection, program file modification, outbound and inbound controls.

Avaliable from click here or click here

Fully certifed for use with Windows XP.

Gaz 25 17:03 12 Jan 04

Mc Afee and Norton 2004 versions are supposed to slow your PC to a halt.

Gaz 25 17:07 12 Jan 04

It is available at: £59.99 with 12months service from Amazon.co.uk

Here is a direct link to it: click here

Read the review, another one by me.

Seriously, I am impressed. Its great, never gave me any hassle.

Gaz 25 17:13 12 Jan 04

If you need a screenshot of pandas virus warning, it slides from the system tray with this: click here

And here is the user interface screenshot, note that is is clean and XPish: click here

Here is more info: click here

jgosden 17:15 12 Jan 04

they don't employ you as a salesman you know, do they??? I can tell what you use.

DieSse 17:16 12 Jan 04

For the AV with the best record in independant professional testing by The Virus Bulletin, try NOD32 click here.

"Analysts have confirmed the company’s claim of having the only product to never miss an ‘In the Wild’ (ItW) virus during its Virus Bulletin testing since May 1998"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…