XP and all users

drew645 05:32 09 Oct 03

Wonder if I can ask for more advice.
I am the only user of my computer running XP so I find the separate files for me + all users pointless.
Is there an easy way to make all files available to all users as a default.Alternatively is it possible to cancel the requirement for me to have a user account. I tried to ignore it when loading XP but it insisted!
Regards,
Andrew

rambus 09:53 09 Oct 03

go to run on start menu, type control userpasswords2,then hit ok. selectyour username and uncheck "users must enter a username and password" then hit ok
then go back to run on start menu and type "control userpasswords" select change the way users log on or off.

drew645 20:24 10 Oct 03

Thanks Rambus, I took your advice and as a bonus got rid of the annoying welcome screen!
Regards
Andrew

Skippy88 13:25 24 Feb 04

Hello Rambus, I have the same problem but when I tried your solution it locked me out of the computer with a Log On screen asking for an Administrator Password??? What did I do wrong??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…