xp alert bubbles

rsturbo 04:51 21 Apr 03

is there a way of turning off the notification bubbles in win xp? one invites me to explore xp, another asks me to send an error report. i don't want ANY bubbles. thanks for any help

MAJ 05:36 21 Apr 03

To disable balloon tips in XP, go to Start > Run, type in "regedit" (without the quotes) click OK, and the Registry Editor will appear. Navigate using the little + signs to:

click on that "Advanced" folder and it's contents will appear in the right-hand pane. Look for an entry named "EnableBalloonTips", double click that entry and change the "Value Data" from 1 to 0. Click OK and exit the registry. Reboot your PC and the balloon tips should be gone. If you're going to edit your registry, you **MUST** backup the registry first.

To turn off Error Reporting, Right click on "My Computer" choose Properties > Advanced tab > Error Reporting button and tick "Disable Error Reporting".

AndySD 06:21 21 Apr 03

Or click here for the Balloon tips.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…