XP administrator problem

grimreaper 19:55 03 Apr 03

I have just bought a new comp. with XP (all very new to me)Following guides I migrated loads of files from my old comp. successfully and they all opened ok, etc. Now as soon as I set myself an account as the 'new' administrator (with seperate setting for the kids) the default administrator that was there when I first used the machine disappeared, along with all my newly transfered files.......
can any kind soul please help me get them back ?

the lone cloner 21:01 03 Apr 03

A suggestion you could try system restore,if that works back up your files, then create an account for yourself'then reload your files ,good luck.

AndySD 21:08 03 Apr 03

Use Windows Explorer and on the C Drive go to Documents and Settings and then Profiles.... look in the Admin profile.

mol01 21:08 03 Apr 03

Try entering safe mode (restart and hold down F8). There is only 1 user ID on my PC (admin) but when entering safemode another administrator appears. This may happen on your machine, and logging on may return your files (or it may just make a completely fresh but additional admin ID without your files - I don't want to get your hopes up)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…