XP administrator

Martin12 10:47 18 Apr 04

When I loaded XP Pro I became the master administrator as there was not any other users. I have tried to add another user but all of my setting, documents dissapear.
I know in XP there is a master admin setting that will 'move to the background' when new users are added. How can i stop this, or how can I make the master a named person??

Forum Editor 11:06 18 Apr 04

od creating different user accounts is that you are effectively creating virtual computers - or at least it will look like that. Each user can customise his/her settings to a degree, but the overall control of the machine is in the hands of the admin account.

If you want to have a named account with administrator priviledges you can do it - just log in to the admin account and then grant administrator rights to the named user account.

Eric10 13:10 18 Apr 04

Once your named user account has administrator privileges you can go to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents where you should find the documents you created when logged in as Administrator. You can copy or cut these documents and paste them into 'My Documents' in your new account which will be at C:\Documents and Settings\'your user account name'\My Documents.

If you have a lot of desktop shortcuts or items placed on the Desktop then you will find these in the same area also but under Desktop. If you wish these items to be available for all users then paste them into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop instead.

You can do this while logged in as Administrator or any user with administrator rights.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…