xp activation problems

andrewmahoney 22:46 11 Jun 07

Hi hope someone can help.... icant seem to get past the initial log in icon on my pc..When i click on it i am prompted to activate my copy of windows..If i click on no the system returnes to the log on screen..If i click to activate now the screen goes blue and stays like that for a few miniutes befor going back to the log on screen..there i have two choices,switch off,or activate windows,which only starts the process again.... help!!

xania 09:22 12 Jun 07

I would say that you have a corrupt file. Have you tried loading your last successful boot? <F8> at the end of POST then select to load last succesful.

A-Nonymous 12:53 12 Jun 07

It may be time to get the XP disk out to reinstalll windows. As long as you havent activated it already you arent wasting any money.

andrewmahoney 23:27 12 Jun 07

Thanks for the advice..Tried re-installing xp today..gets half then tells me some files are missing..Continuing finishes the installation but sadlly stil has the activation problem.tryed the normal chkdsk /r fixboot fixmbr etc.. So i have decided to format and start from new!!luckily i save all my files to a separat hard drive,its stil a pain though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced