XP ACTIVATION HAS LOCKED ME OUT.

crazy diamond 01:33 27 Mar 06

Hi Guys,
I've been using an activated XP copy on my main rig with no probs. until today. After bootup, a box came up telling me my copy needed activating,I clicked yes,the Already Activated box appeared, clicked OK to exit,then my Welcome page came up followed by the same box.I click when and where I'm told but I'm going round in circles.I can't get in to do anything. Only in Safe Mode, then I'm told I can't activate in Safe Mode.Please help if you can.I didn't have any trouble with ME. But now I need to access some important files and I can't get at them.

phono 01:48 27 Mar 06

Without wishing to cause offence, I take it that this is a legitimate copy of XP which you have installed?

If so then contact MS support, if not, then still contact MS support, if you believe that you have been mis-sold a pirated copy of XP.

Apparently they will offer a generous discount for a genuine XP key in return for the details as to where/when you obtained the illegal version.

Gandalph 02:40 27 Mar 06

If it is an illegal copy and you still have the receipt and the jewel case it came in, Microsoft will give you a free copy of the software if you return it to them.

smokingbeagle 03:52 27 Mar 06

click here
Seems to describe how to solve your problem. (If the link works)

smokingbeagle 03:57 27 Mar 06

The knowledgebase article is 312295. My link didn't work so use the number in the MS search box. :-(

smokingbeagle 04:02 27 Mar 06
  smokingbeagle 04:03 27 Mar 06
  smokingbeagle 04:04 27 Mar 06

but the 4:03 link works.

crazy diamond 19:45 27 Mar 06

Many thanks smokingbeagle.The link's instructions seem a tad complicated {I'm a nuts and bolts bloke meself} but will have a go. I have clicked the 'Resolved' box to save other chaps giving the same info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…