XP Activation

rick101 12:03 25 Mar 05

Hi
My son has bought new computer can anybody tell me how he can activate XP Home, he has no telephone connection at his home can it be registered from another computer or via telephone. Thanking You in advance.

LastChip 12:15 25 Mar 05

You can activate via the telephone. XP will give you a number to contact as one of its options. You will need some information available on contact, again XP spells this out.

Michendi 12:18 25 Mar 05

XP can be activated by phone.

How to activate Windows XP by phone
To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Activate Windows.

Or, click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area.
2. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.
3. Click Read the Windows Product Activation Privacy Statement, click Back, and then click Next.
4. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click Next.

Note The number appears now and differs based on the location that you select.
5. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK.
You have successfully activated your copy of Windows.

hugh-265156 13:06 25 Mar 05

yes you can activate it from any phone you want and is a free call 0800 number.

when you choose this option windows will display a code (i think its 45 digits long) follow the instructions read to you over the phone to enter it via the phone keypad.

when you finish entering the code you will get another 45 digit code read back to you, write this down and enter it into the box on screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…