//some 3rd party need geo

XP Activation

David4637 17:00 02 Feb 05

Got new Tosh laptop with XP HE.

1. How do I know if its activated or not, is there a reistry entry or a specific file?
2. How do I contact MS to activate?
3. Whats their phone number?
Thanks David

ventanas 17:04 02 Feb 05

Go to Start\Run and type "oobe/ msoobe /a" without the quotes and note the spaces. Windows will tell you whether its activated or not.

ACOLYTE 17:04 02 Feb 05

If its not activated you will get a popup all the time in the taskbar,but chances are it is,but if you click start then goto all programs
accesories/system tools there should be an icon saying activate windows click that and a box will open and if you are activated it will tell you.

flecc 17:08 02 Feb 05

Many new computers have a pre activated version of XP which needs no customer activation. If you don't see a shortcut to activate in the start menu and you don't get any prompts to do so, your's is one of these pre activated setups. This type of installation is common with bona fide computer constructors like the top names in the industry.

Djohn 17:23 02 Feb 05

But just in case you need the number for any reason.

Microsoft customer services Tel no. 0870 60 10 100

David4637 20:06 02 Feb 05

Thanks for your replies -
ventanas - Note there is NO space in front of the m in the following syntax which does work -
"oobe/msoobe /a". Thanks for MS phone number
Thank you my PC is activated. All the best David

ventanas 21:31 02 Feb 05

oops, sorry. I will amend my own notes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…